Your Payroll Problems Solved:
New DOMA Rules, Travel Pay, Garnishments and More
Payroll law is complex, confusing … and becoming more legally dangerous.
Make one simple mistake, and you’re sure to hear about it from employees … the CEO … and possibly the IRS.
On Friday, August 22, discover how to guard against those risks by understanding the biggest “pain points” for payroll professionals—and how to avoid them. In this popular webinar, led by a true payroll-law expert, you’ll learn concrete, practical answers to your questions on:
- Travel-Time Pay. When must nonexempt employees be paid—if at all—for time spent in planes, trains and automobiles? Learn the 4 situations in which you must ALWAYS pay for travel time. And discover how to save a bundle on OT costs with two simple changes to your travel-time policy.
- Benefit & Tax Changes Based on New Post-DOMA Rulings. The aftermath of the U.S. Supreme Court’s 2013 decision striking a key section of the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) continues to be felt by employers and payroll departments around the country. Federal courts are overturning states’ same-sex marriage bans almost every day. And the IRS and Department of Labor continue to issue new guidance on everything from 401(k)s to the FMLA. What’s this mean for your organization? Get the scoop on these fast-changing implications.
- Smartphone “Work.” Thousands of employers have been stung with overtime claims from “off-duty” employees who say they worked on their smartphones. Learn the common overtime traps and the 2 exceptions to the rule.
- Common W-4 Mistakes. Are all those W-4s still valid? To prevent IRS scrutiny and avoidable penalties, learn the 3 circumstances that require employees to absolutely file new W-4s. Plus, discover the 5 situations in which you should immediately reject a W-4, and what to do when the IRS sends you a letter voiding an employee’s W-4.
- Garnishments and Levies. Learn how to legally handle garnishments, when federal and state law fit together (and when they conflict) and the mistakes to avoid when computing the amount to withhold.
- Bonus topic: Unclaimed Wages. What if a terminated employee doesn't pick up his last paycheck? Or an active employee doesn't tell you she lost her check? Hint: You can't just keep these wages. Learn when a paycheck is considered "abandoned” … what state reporting is necessary … your recordkeeping responsibilities … and how the decision by the Social Security Administration and IRS to retire their longtime letter-forwarding services affects your unclaimed-paycheck duties.
In just 75 minutes, you’ll dramatically increase your working knowledge on all of these important payroll issues. Plus, ask your own question of our payroll expert.
On August 22, stop wondering if you’re obeying the law … and start complying with confidence!
Editorial Director, HR Specialist
P.S. Early Registration Bonus: The first 50 people to register will receive our handy Instant Executive Briefings on five of today’s most important payroll issues. This library of mini-books is your guide to navigating wage-and-hour basics … overtime exemptions … travel, training and other tricky pay issues … and FLSA FAQs. There’s even an FLSA self-audit so you can make sure you’re in compliance.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus! You’ll also receive one month of members-only access to Premium Plus Online—our comprehensive electronic information service. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks"—your choice.
P.P.P.S. We promise you'll be satisfied. If Your Payroll Problems Solved fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, free bonus, free checklist and website access will all be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.
|Friday, August 22
1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Multimedia CD & Download: $197
Webinar, Multimedia CD & Download: $297
Since this is a webinar, you and your entire staff can attend in the comfort of your office or conference room for one low price! You may include as many people as you wish while listening on a single phone line or computer. Contact us for multi-site discounts.
About Your Speaker:
Alice Gilman, Esq., is an expert in payroll and tax compliance who has covered payroll issues for more than 26 years. She’s written and edited several leading payroll publications, including Business Management Daily’s Payroll Legal Alert, the Research Institute of America’s Payroll Guide, Prentice Hall’s American Payroll Association’s Basic Guide to Payroll and the Payroll Manager’s Letter. She’s also the editor of Business Management Daily’s Payroll Compliance Handbook and The Complete FLSA Compliance Kit.
Early Registration Bonus:
The first 50 people to register for this webinar will receive our handy Instant Executive Briefings on five of today’s most important payroll issues. This library of mini-books is your guide to navigating wage-and-hour basics … overtime exemptions … travel, training and other tricky pay issues … and FLSA FAQs. There’s even an FLSA self-audit so you can make sure you’re in compliance.
Extra Added Bonus:
You’ll also receive one month of members-only access to Premium Plus Online—our comprehensive electronic information service at TheHRSpecialist.com. Premium Plus Online features online compliance self-audits, forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks"—your choice.
This event has been approved for 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). "The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."
This event is certified for credit hours toward the American Society of Administrative Professionals’ (ASAP) Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence (PACE). For more information, visit www.asaporg.com.