Winter weather (and other weather emergencies) will force you to deal with tricky HR questions like:
- If you close early due to bad weather, must you still pay employees (exempt and nonexempt) for the full day?
- What if they come in late or leave early — must they receive their full pay?
- Can you make them take vacation or other paid time off?
- If the office remains open, but employees can’t make it in … can you dock their pay? What if they’ve exhausted their leave?
Don’t wait for a weather emergency to learn answers to questions like these. Now is the time to review your attendance and pay policies to make sure they cover all the bad-weather bases and comply with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Important: This is NOT just a snow issue. Storms, power outages, fires, tornadoes and extreme heat can play havoc with your pay and attendance policies.
Join us Oct. 17 for Inclement Weather Policies: Best HR and Payroll Practices. In just 75 minutes, you’ll learn exactly what your inclement weather policy should say for maximum legal protection and flexibility.
This timely webinar, led by payroll expert Alice Gilman, Esq., the editor of Payroll Legal Alert, will teach you:
- The three exceptions to the rule that exempts’ pay can never be docked … and how those exceptions come into play when weather forces unplanned absences and closings.
- How to avoid the 5 most common overtime mistakes when bad weather affects nonexempts’ working time.
- How paying double time to nonexempts can actually SAVE the company money in some cases.
- The ins and outs of an effective inclement weather policy, and how to deal with slackers who use bad weather as an excuse to come in late or take too much time off.
- An overview of disaster preparedness that can save the company a bundle in fines for nonpayment of wages.
Plus, you’ll be able to pose your weather-related questions to a true expert in payroll and legal matters.
Never be left wondering, “Are we doing it right?” Inclement Weather Policies will explain how to establish rock-solid, legally safe policies and practices. Register today!
Editorial Director, Business Management Daily
P.S. Free Bonus Gifts: The first 50 people to register will receive two free reports: 1) Our Inclement Weather Policies & Practices white paper, which includes a sample inclement weather policy and a handy flowchart to help you decide who gets paid — both exempts and nonexempts — when the office closes for the day or shuts down early. 2) Our three-page FLSA Checklist: Exempt vs. Nonexempt Status, which will allow you to determine whether each employee is correctly classified as either exempt or nonexempt under the FLSA.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus! You’ll also receive one month of Premium Plus Online—our comprehensive electronic information service—FREE. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks"—your choice.
P.P.P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If the Inclement Weather Policies webinar fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your free bonus will be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.
Date: Thursday, Oct. 17
Time: 1 to 2:15 p.m. ET
Early Registration Bonuses:
The first 50 people to sign up for this webinar will receive two of our most popular reports:
1) Our Inclement Weather Policies & Practices white paper, which includes a sample inclement weather policy and a handy flowchart to help you decide who gets paid — both exempts and nonexempts — when the office closes for the day or shuts down early.
2) Our three-page FLSA Checklist: Exempt vs. Nonexempt Status, which provides a simple checklist to help you determine whether each employee is correctly classified as either exempt or nonexempt under the FLSA.
Extra Added Bonus:
You’ll receive one month of free access to HR Specialist: Premium Plus – our comprehensive electronic information service at www.theHRSpecialist.com. Premium Plus features online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks" – your choice.
About Your Speaker:
Alice Gilman, Esq., is an expert in payroll and tax compliance who has covered payroll issues for more than 26 years. She’s written and edited several leading payroll publications, including Business Management Daily’s Payroll Legal Alert, the Research Institute of America’s Payroll Guide, Prentice Hall’s American Payroll Association’s Basic Guide to Payroll and the Payroll Manager’s Letter. She’s also the editor of Business Management Daily’s Payroll Compliance Handbook and The Complete FLSA Compliance Kit.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- HR professionals
- Supervisors and managers
- Office managers
- Business owners
Since this is a webinar, you and your entire staff can attend in the comfort of your office or conference room for one low price! You may include as many people as you wish while listening on a single phone line.
CD & Video Recording(mp4): $197
Webinar, CD & Video Recording(mp4): $297
Unlimited number of participants at one site. Contact us for multi-site discounts.
Can't attend the webinar? We'll reserve a CD & Video Recording in your name.
How do webinars work?
Your no-risk guarantee...
This event has been approved for 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
"The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."