Payroll law is complex, confusing … and becoming more legally dangerous.
Make one simple mistake, and you’re sure to hear about it from employees … the CEO … and possibly the IRS.
You can guard against those risks by understanding the biggest “pain points” for payroll professionals—and how to avoid them. In this popular webinar, led by a true payroll-law expert, you’ll learn concrete, practical answers to your questions on:
- Travel-Time Pay. When must nonexempt employees be paid—if at all—for time spent in planes, trains and automobiles? Learn the 4 situations in which you must ALWAYS pay for travel time. And discover how to save a bundle on OT costs with two simple changes to your travel-time policy.
- Post-DOMA Payroll & Benefits. The U.S. Supreme Court’s recent overturning of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) brings specific changes to your benefit and payroll operations. From granting FMLA leave to withholding taxes on same-sex spouses' health benefits, learn the changes you need to make now.
- Smartphone “Work.” Thousands of employers have been stung with overtime claims from “off-duty” employees who say they worked on their smartphones. Learn the common overtime traps and the 2 exceptions to the rule.
- Common W-4 Mistakes. Are all those W-4s still valid? To prevent IRS scrutiny and avoidable penalties, learn the 3 circumstances that require employees to absolutely file new W-4s. Plus, discover the 5 situations in which you should immediately reject a W-4, and what to do when the IRS sends you a letter voiding an employee’s W-4.
- Garnishments and Levies. Learn how to legally handle garnishments, when federal and state law fit together (and when they conflict) and the mistakes to avoid when computing the amount to withhold.
- Bonus Topic: Unclaimed Wages. What if a terminated employee doesn’t pick up his last paycheck? Or an active employee doesn’t tell you she lost her check? Hint: You can’t just keep these wages. Learn when a paycheck is considered “abandoned” … what state reporting is necessary … and your recordkeeping responsibilities.
In just 75 minutes, you’ll dramatically increase your working knowledge on all of these important payroll issues. Plus, ask your own question of our payroll expert.
On August 23, stop wondering if you’re obeying the law … and start complying with confidence!
Editorial Director, Business Management Daily
P.S. Free Bonus Gift: The first 50 people to register will receive our handy Instant Executive Briefings on five of today’s most important payroll issues. This library of mini-books is your guide to navigating wage-and-hour basics … overtime exemptions … travel, training and other tricky pay issues … and FLSA FAQs. There’s even an FLSA self-audit so you can make sure you’re in compliance.
P.P.S. Extra Added Bonus! You’ll receive one month of Premium Plus Online—our comprehensive electronic information service—FREE. Premium Plus Online features more than 10,000 HR articles, online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks"—your choice.
P.P.P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If Your Payroll Problems Solved fails to meet your needs, we will instantly refund 100% of your tuition. Your course materials, free bonus, free checklist and website access will all be yours to keep. No hassles, no questions asked.
Date: Friday, August 23
Time: 1 to 2:15 p.m. ET
Early Registration Bonus:
The first 50 people to register for this webinar will receive our handy Instant Executive Briefings on five of today’s most important payroll issues. This library of mini-books is your guide to navigating wage-and-hour basics … overtime exemptions … travel, training and other tricky pay issues … and FLSA FAQs. There’s even an FLSA self-audit so you can make sure you’re in compliance.
Extra Added Bonus:
You’ll receive one month of free access to Premium Plus Online—our comprehensive electronic information service at www.theHRSpecialist.com. Premium Plus Online features online compliance self-audits, over 100 forms and checklists, plus Ask the Attorney (responses to your employment law questions). So that you continue to benefit from Premium Plus, we'll continue your access automatically for just $99 per quarter, unless you tell us "no, thanks"—your choice.
About Your Speaker:
Alice Gilman, Esq., is an expert in payroll and tax compliance who has covered payroll issues for more than 26 years. She’s written and edited several leading payroll publications, including Business Management Daily’s Payroll Legal Alert, the Research Institute of America’s Payroll Guide, Prentice Hall’s American Payroll Association’s Basic Guide to Payroll and the Payroll Manager’s Letter. She’s also the editor of Business Management Daily’s Payroll Compliance Handbook and The Complete FLSA Compliance Kit.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- HR professionals
- Supervisors and managers
- Office managers
- Business owners
Since this is a webinar, you and your entire staff can attend in the comfort of your office or conference room for one low price! You may include as many people as you wish while listening on a single phone line.
CD & Video Recording(mp4): $197
Webinar, CD & Video Recording(mp4): $297
Unlimited number of participants at one site. Contact us for multi-site discounts.
Can't attend the webinar? We'll reserve a CD & Video Recording in your name.
How do webinars work?
Your no-risk guarantee...
This event has been approved for 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
"The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."