Business Management Daily is your source for office technology tips and training. WE provide keyboard-tested advice on Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and more.
It is said that people only use 10% of their brains. Are you only using 10% of your office technology? We’ll help you unlock the other 90%.
Quickly create a rule in Outlook by right-clicking on an email that is the subject of your rule. For example, right-click on an email whose subject indicates that the email should be filed under a particular folder. Choose your options in the Create Rule dialog box ...
Avoid “death by PowerPoint” by stealing presentation tips from the charismatic Apple CEO, Steve Jobs. Carmine Gallo, communications coach and author of The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, points out that Jobs uses presentation software as a tool to visually complement his stories.
Do you have the content of your slide presentation in your head, but loathe working inside slide layouts and placeholders to type text? In the Navigation pane, go to the Outline tab ...
The jury is still out on whether cell phone radiation has a negative effect on our brains. Regardless, most health researchers recommend that you hold a cell phone an inch or two from your ear. Their top tip?
While office technology has improved productivity and facilitated innovation, it has also created new safety hazards. The study of ergonomics in the workplace has yielded many inventions and simple modifications that can create a safer workplace.
One of the most common frustrations in Excel is sizing rows and columns accurately. Columns are sometimes not wide enough to show all the numbers, which is what all those # symbols mean. Or columns might be too wide, rows too short or too tall. A simple double-click in the column’s right edge will make the column adjust to fit all the data in it.
If something happens to your computer, you have a backup drive. But what if something happens to the backup drive? That’s one reason many people are turning to “the cloud,” or remote computers that encrypt and store files.
An executive proudly showed me the Power Point presentation he had prepared for an upcoming strategic offsite. As kindly as I could, I made a little “Blah, blah, blah” motion with my right hand and said that his first three slides were classic signs that the rest of the presentation was going to stink.
Vice President Joe Biden isn’t the only one who has dozed during an important moment. Sen. John McCain nodded off during George W. Bush’s State of the Union address in 2007. And in recent weeks, several air traffic controllers have been busted for sleeping on the job. To avoid leading a meeting that would put someone to sleep, drop the PowerPoint.
5 business email etiquette tips — for all workers, at all times...