If not, their lack of basic employment-law knowledge is putting your organization at risk. Join nationally recognized employment-law attorney Maria Greco Danaher for practical answers and compliance tips on the Six Critical Risk Areas in which supervisors most often fail. You and your supervisors will learn:
1. Which questions asked during the hiring process can set up your organization for a discrimination or ADA lawsuit.
2. Which words on performance evaluations can support an employee’s claim of discriminatory treatment.
3. How day-to-day supervisory decisions can lead, over time, to a claim of hostile environment, based on supervisors’ inconsistent actions.
4. How a supervisor’s involvement in the organization’s problem-solving process can magnify an employee’s bias claim.
5. How disciplinary mistakes made by supervisors can cause employees to believe they’re targeted due to age, sex, race or another protected characteristic.
6. Why the termination process is the most common basis for employee lawsuits, and which careless errors can magnify that risk.
Employment Law 101 for Supervisors is the perfect way to help supervisors understand the implications of their actions and how those actions might inadvertently be supporting lawsuits against your organization – and possibly against supervisors or you personally!
Pat DiDomenico Editorial Director, HR Specialist
P.S. If you’d like to hear a 90-second excerpt before purchasing, click the Play arrow:
P.P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If you decide that Employement Law 101isn’t all we’ve promised and more, we will refund 100% of your purchase price — no hassles, no questions asked.
About the Speaker: MARIA GRECO DANAHER, Esq., is a shareholder in the Pittsburgh office of the law firm Ogletree Deakins. She has broad experience in representing management as both an in-house and outside counsel in employment and litigation matters. She has counseled supervisors and managers in termination-related questions and has conducted workplace training for both small business and major corporations on the issue. Ms. Danaher is an advisor for HR Specialist: Employment Law and The HR Specialist.
Listening to this event qualifies as 1.25 credit hours toward PHR and SPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
Who Should Listen: • Executives • Supervisors and managers • Attorneys • HR professionals • Business owners
Pricing Options: Audio recording (CD mp3 with presentation materials) only $197
This event is sponsored by: Business Management Daily 7600A Leesburg Pike, West Building, Suite 300 • Falls Church, VA 22043-2004 (800) 543-2055 • Customer@BusinessManagementDaily.com