Make no mistake … The huge $789 billion, 1,000-page stimulus law isn’t just about building roads and bridges. It carries a variety of vitally important changes that must be made by employers and, in particular, HR professionals. Some of the law’s requirements are subject to exceptionally short deadlines … as in NOW!
Don’t put your organization or career at risk! Understanding these issues will be vital for your HR compliance in 2009 and beyond. Purchase the CD of our eye-opening Stimulus Law Workshop: Master the New COBRA, HIPAA and Tax Rules event. This audio conference CD will reveal what you MUST do to get your organization into compliance today.
Learn how to comply with the provisions of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009:
- COBRA: As of March 1 you had to start complying with the most sweeping expansion of rights under the COBRA health continuation rules in the law’s 23-year history. This includes a complex 65% subsidy rule, new notice requirements and expedited rights of appeal for employees. These changes call for immediate action by employers who sponsor health plans – including employers with less than 20 workers who weren’t otherwise subjected to COBRA!
- HIPAA: New mandatory changes to the privacy and security rules under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Again, you need to meet exacting new notification standards.
- Exec comp: Strict new limits on compensation for certain employers receiving federal assistance under the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP).
- Trade benefits: Expanded eligibility for Trade Adjustment Assistance benefits.
- Tax credits: New and expanded tax credits for low-income employees.
- Withholding/unemployment: Changes to payroll tax withholding rules under the Making Work Pay Act and key revisions to federal unemployment benefit eligibility.
- New prevailing wage rules: Contracts financed under certain parts of the law face exacting new prevailing wage requirements, plus expanded tax credits for employers.
The Stimulus law represents a substantial change in the employment landscape. Given the short deadlines for compliance and importance of these provisions, this audio conference CD provides an exceptional, time-efficient opportunity to get in compliance fast. Buy your CD now!
Editorial Director, HR Specialist
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If the Stimulus Law Workshop CD fails to meet your needs in any way, we will refund 100% of your purchase price – no hassles, no questions asked.