With Democrats taking over the White House and building their majorities in both houses of Congress, big changes are coming to the world of employment law and workplace regulations in 2009.
And waiting until January to prepare will be too late. Remember: President Clinton signed the FMLA into law just TWO WEEKS after his inauguration.
Don’t be caught off guard! A new Democrat-dominated Congress could rewrite several key pieces of HR legislation. And Barack Obama has been predicted to be the “most union-friendly president in generations,” starting with the landmark Employee Free Choice Act.
Prepare your organization – and yourself – with our must-listen audio conference recording from Nov. 6: New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009!
Your speaker is renowned employment lawyer Michael W. Fox of Ogletree Deakins. Michael hosted the main political briefing at this year’s Society for Human Resource Management’s annual conference in Chicago.
In just 75 minutes, Mike will educate you on:
- The key employment-law legislation to expect in the first 100 days – and its realistic chance of passage.
- Outlook for changes on issues such as minimum wage increase, expansion of family leave laws, new immigration rules and overtime law.
- Why a union campaign could be in your future – even if you’ve never had to think about it before.
- Why your arbitration agreements could become extinct in 2009.
- Which previously stalled pro-employee bills will see new life right after inauguration.
- The four steps you should take in November to prepare your HR department and company for the new administration.
- Plus, ask YOUR questions on the impact of the new administration on your operations.
The campaign rhetoric is over. It’s time to talk turkey. Don’t look to the general media to explain how HR will be affected by the new president and Congress. Listen to this briefing by Michael Fox – a true expert on the issue – so you can make smart decisions on preparing your organization for the future.
Editorial Director, HR Specialist
P.S. Your satisfaction is unconditionally guaranteed. If the New President, New Congress: Your HR Action Plan for 2009 CD fails to meet your needs, we will refund 100% of your purchase price – no hassles, no questions asked.
Buy the CD now...