So many employees of Fox Kalomaski were taking leave for “beauty treatments” that the London-based advertising agency added an extra paid day off—and execs there call it “Botox leave.”
“We have heard rumors that this is what people do with this day,” says Managing Director Stephen Fox. Most get haircuts or facials instead—it’s up to each employee.
The day off happens in December, says Fox, who speculates employees need time to “make sure they’re looking their best for the Christmas party photos.”
Cosmetic surgeons at Britain’s Harley Medical Group say they expect other companies to follow suit as more employees sign up for Botox and other cosmetic injections and employers discourage them from using regular sick leave for it.
Contact: Stephen Fox at +44 (0)207-691-8090.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Learn all about the ADA Amendments Act of 2008
- Respond ASAP when disabled worker requests reasonable accommodation under FEHA
- Supreme Court hears arguments: Are employees' personal text messages private?
- Employer restrictions on guns in California workplaces