So many employees of Fox Kalomaski were taking leave for “beauty treatments” that the London-based advertising agency added an extra paid day off—and execs there call it “Botox leave.”
“We have heard rumors that this is what people do with this day,” says Managing Director Stephen Fox. Most get haircuts or facials instead—it’s up to each employee.
The day off happens in December, says Fox, who speculates employees need time to “make sure they’re looking their best for the Christmas party photos.”
Cosmetic surgeons at Britain’s Harley Medical Group say they expect other companies to follow suit as more employees sign up for Botox and other cosmetic injections and employers discourage them from using regular sick leave for it.
Contact: Stephen Fox at +44 (0)207-691-8090.
- OK to ask about employee's ability to do job after returning from FMLA leave
- Will Congress bite on COBRA subsidy extension?
- Made an FMLA mistake? Avoid liability by offering reinstatement, no strings attached
- Writing job descriptions: legal do's and don'ts
- How assertive are you? 18 questions test your ability to be positively persuasive