Dr. Walter Broadnax, owner of Cincinnati’s Pain Group, will serve five years’ probation and pay $56,246 in restitution to the state Bureau of Workers Compensation.
The doctor apparently billed the state for full-length 25-minute evaluations involving full analyses of patients’ medical histories. In reality, he was spending five minutes providing cursory exams.
The bureau sent undercover agents posing as patients to Broadnax’s office and then compared billing records to the services provided.
The investigation also revealed that Broadnax—at the suggestion of his attorney, Kenneth Lawson—wrote prescriptions for Percocet, Percodan and Oxycontin for people who were not his patients.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9976/cincy-doctor-to-feel-some-pain "
- Firm teams up with Pentagon to hire military spouses
- Health premiums rose 9% this year; average family plans top $15,000 for first time
- When salaries differ within job classification, be prepared to offer data explaining why
- Quit over offensive graffiti? He can get unemployment
- The new OT rules: You've got questions; we've got answers