Hiring managers tell National Public Radio that they’re steering clear of candidates who make these digital job-seeking faux pas:
1. Not having an updated profile, with recommendations, on social media sites like LinkedIn.
2. Using a husband-and-wife e-mail address.
3. Not researching extensively the company and the position you’re applying for.
4. Not filing the résumé digitally.
5. E-mailing executives with whom you’ve never made a prior connection, either online or in person.
6. “Friending” an executive on Facebook whom you’re hoping will hire you.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9971/6-online-job-hunting-faux-pas-to-avoid "
- Set clear, easy-to-use processes so employees know about all promotion opportunities
- How should we proceed? We want to hire someone who has signed a noncompete agreement
- What are the rules on unpaid interns?
- No individual liability under Texas Whistleblower Act or Labor Code
- Are you ready for the EEOC's enforcement crackdown?