Usually Google gets all the attention for its latest, online tools. But recently, Microsoft grabbed the headlines for adding zippy new features to Internet Explorer (IE).
Four IE (version 8) features to save admins time:
1. Organize your open web pages with colored tabs. When you’re doing research on multiple topics, and you have a slew of tabs open, IE makes it easy to see related pages by grouping them by color.
Here’s how it works: Say you open a new tab from an existing page. IE puts it directly beside the original tab, then gives both tabs the same color.
2. Do everything in the address bar. Type in what you’re looking for, and IE searches the web, previously visited web sites, Favorites and RSS feeds. A list of your search results drops down; you choose the page you want.
3. Preview before you click. Some thumbnail pictures appear beside search results, so you can recognize the perfect page before you click.
4. Search faster within pages. Say you want to find the word “myopic” within a web page. With the previous version of IE, you had to select “Find” from the menu, enter “myopic” in a pop-up window and click “find.” Too many steps.
The new version puts a search field at the top of your browser page. You type the word, and it highlights potential matches on the page as you type each character. You’d likely find your word after typing only “myo.”
With 59 Technology Tips, you'll learn how to:
Get 59 Technology Tips for the Administrative Professional now!
- Zip through email clutter with color coding, subfolders, and a freebie from Microsoft that is way faster than the standard “Find” function.
- Supercharge your computer with ingenious shortcuts for faster surfing, keeping spyware at bay and making favorite Web sites easier to find.
- Send actual screen shots instead of emailing links to web pages – it’s faster than clicking through!
- Create the best presentations in the company — so far ahead of old bullet-point slides!
- Make your cell phone work like a BlackBerry — with free services.
- And much more!
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9967/re-tool-with-4-new-internet-explorer-tricks "