Q. We have some employees who are earning the maximum salary for their job classifications. Can we cut their pay if we feel they’re overpaid?
A. You can cut their pay prospectively, provided that they will still earn the minimum wage. However, watch out for morale problems if you do this.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9914/can-we-cut-the-pay-of-maxed-out-employees "
- March of Dimes offers array of benefits to expectant employees
- Burden is on employers to avoid double damages under FLSA
- The EEOC's new initiatives for 2008: All talk … or a real threat?
- One-Size-Fits-All harassment reporting policies don't really fit all
- Federal minimum wage takes another 70-Cent jump in July—Rising to $6.55