Q. We have some employees who are earning the maximum salary for their job classifications. Can we cut their pay if we feel they’re overpaid?
A. You can cut their pay prospectively, provided that they will still earn the minimum wage. However, watch out for morale problems if you do this.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Austin grocer pays $186,624 for wage-and-hour violations
- Avoid equal pay suit by comparing employees' duties, not titles
- 5th Cir. Court of Appeals rejects DOL interpretation of guest worker minimum-wage requirement
- 22 states already surpass federal minimum wage