Q. We have some employees who are earning the maximum salary for their job classifications. Can we cut their pay if we feel they’re overpaid?
A. You can cut their pay prospectively, provided that they will still earn the minimum wage. However, watch out for morale problems if you do this.
- Conn. is first to mandate sick leave for service staff
- Federal contractors must pay workers at least $10.10 per hour
- Training, flex are rewards for good work at PwC
- Length of Job Doesn't Figure in Contractor Status
- How to ward off some class-action pay-bias suits: Grant managers limited discretion to set pay