Q. We have some employees who are earning the maximum salary for their job classifications. Can we cut their pay if we feel they’re overpaid?
A. You can cut their pay prospectively, provided that they will still earn the minimum wage. However, watch out for morale problems if you do this.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How many lawyers do we need? Lawsuit names company and individual managers
- Health care costs growing slower than expected
- Do your health assessment questions violate new GINA law?
- DOL offers stock-appraisal guidance for companies that sponsor ESOPs