Q. We’ve reduced the salaries of our
A. No, your organization should never ask employees to record an incorrect number of hours. Employees should always record the number of hours they actually work.
Since the employees are exempt, however, they should be paid the same each week whether they work 36 or 40 hours. But if employees who saw their salaries reduced are consistently working more than 40 hours, you should evaluate the impact on .
- 65% COBRA subsidy extended through May 31
- Your compensation & benefits questions answered
- Florida high court sides with employees—Employers liable for unconcealed negligence
- After hours: How to regulate employees' off-duty behavior
- Changes in benefits? Make sure employees on military leave get written notice, too