1. Which are the top three positions, in order, that recruiters have the toughest time filling?
a. Engineers, nurses, skilled trades
b. Teachers, engineers, nurses
c. Nurses, IT workers, skilled trades
2. Forty percent of U.S. working fathers said they would:
a. Take a 10% pay cut to guarantee they’d keep their jobs
b. Take a 10% pay cut to spend extra time with their kids
c. Take a 10% pay cut to have a shorter commute
3. What grade did a majority of HR and finance directors give to their 401(k) programs?
a. A, the system works and needs no changes
b. B, the system works and needs only slight changes
c. C, the system is generally working but needs a number of improvements
4. If food prices rose at the same rate as medical costs since the 1930s, how much would a dozen eggs cost today?
5. Unemployment is at 9.5% and those with jobs are working less than they’d like. In fact, the average number of hours worked by people who have jobs fell to its lowest level in 45 years to:
a. 33 hours per week
b. 35 hours per week
c. 37 hours per week
Sources: 1. Manpower Inc.; 2. CareerBuilder survey; 3. Charles Schwab survey; 4. American Institute for Preventative Medicine; 5. U.S. Labor Department
Answers: 1. a 2. b 3. b 4. c 5. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Secrets of a CEO: 10 things HR needs to know
- The New Rules on Hiring - The Legal Way to Handle I-9s and No-Match Letters - Audio Conference
- Court issues restraining order against employee? That's good enough to support discipline
- Check all discipline to spot, stop retaliation