The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has concluded its investigation into the December 2007 collapse of the Berkman Plaza II parking garage and found Atlanta-based Choate Construction not to have been at fault.
The collapse killed one person and injured 18.
In announcing its findings, OSHA blamed the collapse on structural deficiencies in the garage’s design. Nothing Choate did or failed to do contributed to the collapse.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employee fired after registering complaint is now suing? You could be personally liable
- When former employees poach more of your all-stars, fight back in court
- The right way to prepare for layoffs … and some alternatives
- Make sure your noncompete agreements comply with all Texas requirements