The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has concluded its investigation into the December 2007 collapse of the Berkman Plaza II parking garage and found Atlanta-based Choate Construction not to have been at fault.
The collapse killed one person and injured 18.
In announcing its findings, OSHA blamed the collapse on structural deficiencies in the garage’s design. Nothing Choate did or failed to do contributed to the collapse.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use patience when disciplining employee who requested FMLA leave
- Potential for class-action pay lawsuit could be lurking in your food delivery fees
- If an employee is injured at a company picnic, would that be covered by workers' comp?
- Wisconsin fight: End of labor unions or a new beginning?