The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has concluded its investigation into the December 2007 collapse of the Berkman Plaza II parking garage and found Atlanta-based Choate Construction not to have been at fault.
The collapse killed one person and injured 18.
In announcing its findings, OSHA blamed the collapse on structural deficiencies in the garage’s design. Nothing Choate did or failed to do contributed to the collapse.
- Employees filed job-discrimination complaints with EEOC in near-record numbers last year
- Carefully document when you acted to bring an end to supervisor sexual harassment
- Can we be liable for religious bias if we require a job applicant to cut his hair?
- Warn managers: Don't fall into retaliation trap
- Don't promise FMLA leave if you're not required to comply