The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has concluded its investigation into the December 2007 collapse of the Berkman Plaza II parking garage and found Atlanta-based Choate Construction not to have been at fault.
The collapse killed one person and injured 18.
In announcing its findings, OSHA blamed the collapse on structural deficiencies in the garage’s design. Nothing Choate did or failed to do contributed to the collapse.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Pennsylvania Whistleblower Act requires verdict from judge, not jury
- N.Y. wage-and-hour news you can use: annual notices & tax credits
- Can you muzzle employees who compare their paychecks?
- How do the new Illinois Equal Pay Act rules affect my record-keeping obligations?