The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has concluded its investigation into the December 2007 collapse of the Berkman Plaza II parking garage and found Atlanta-based Choate Construction not to have been at fault.
The collapse killed one person and injured 18.
In announcing its findings, OSHA blamed the collapse on structural deficiencies in the garage’s design. Nothing Choate did or failed to do contributed to the collapse.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Remember the WARN Act when making reductions in force
- A.G. Harris joins call for more predictable work schedules
- Even a pay increase can lead to discrimination charges
- Court: Veterans can't sue for bias under Title VII or Florida Civil Rights Act