The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has concluded its investigation into the December 2007 collapse of the Berkman Plaza II parking garage and found Atlanta-based Choate Construction not to have been at fault.
The collapse killed one person and injured 18.
In announcing its findings, OSHA blamed the collapse on structural deficiencies in the garage’s design. Nothing Choate did or failed to do contributed to the collapse.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Is it legal to discipline an employee for tardiness by suspending her without pay?
- Log for leave requests can save the day
- Pay Attention to New Proof-of-Age Requirement for N.Y. Employers
- Pre-Employment tests: Do yours meet the new EEOC guidelines?