The Minnesota Court of Appeals has decertified a class-action lawsuit brought by 4,900 current and former Minnesota employees of 3M. The suit alleged that company policies, seemingly neutral, actually had a disparate impact on older workers.
The class could be recertified if a lower court resolves some issues involving class membership.
3M faces a similar suit in California, where plaintiffs allege the company gave poor evaluations to older workers in order to lower their pay and force them out. That case is still moving forward.
- OK'ing medical leave won't equal acceptance of disability
- Vacuum company sucks it up, agrees to settle bias suit
- Employee complaining about bias? Always investigate before imposing any discipline
- High job expectations causing anxiety?
- Everyday rudeness and backbiting doesn't necessarily mean hostile work environment