The Minnesota Court of Appeals has decertified a class-action lawsuit brought by 4,900 current and former Minnesota employees of 3M. The suit alleged that company policies, seemingly neutral, actually had a disparate impact on older workers.
The class could be recertified if a lower court resolves some issues involving class membership.
3M faces a similar suit in California, where plaintiffs allege the company gave poor evaluations to older workers in order to lower their pay and force them out. That case is still moving forward.
- EEOC publishes state-by-state tally of discrimination charges
- Cost-sharing can cost you in arbitration agreements
- Recession ripening the office grapevine? 3 communication tips to keep employees on track
- Hot streak over? EEOC loses bid to limit credit histories in hiring
- Avoid OSHA: Post injury/illness summary until April 30