The state legislature is considering a bill that would require all employers to provide up to 12 weeks of paid time off so employees can tend to very ill family members or take care of newborns or newly adopted children.
Employee pay would come from the state’s temporary disability fund. Currently, those payments are capped at $170 per week. The proposal would index payments to the state’s average weekly wage. Analysts put the price tag at about $1.69 per employee per week.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- 2016 All-States Chart on Direct Deposit/Paycards
- OK to discipline disabled worker for rule-breaking
- IRS reps answer today's pressing payroll questions
- Do we have to pay for nonexempt's travel time for one-day out-of-town trips?