The state legislature is considering a bill that would require all employers to provide up to 12 weeks of paid time off so employees can tend to very ill family members or take care of newborns or newly adopted children.
Employee pay would come from the state’s temporary disability fund. Currently, those payments are capped at $170 per week. The proposal would index payments to the state’s average weekly wage. Analysts put the price tag at about $1.69 per employee per week.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Any pregnancy problem is a serious condition under FMLA
- Hourly computer programmers and overtime pay
- Can we dock vacation time if sick leave is exhausted?
- California Supreme Court rules on handling meal and rest periods