In what some employment law attorneys are calling one of the most important employment law cases of the decade, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on June 29 that the city of New Haven shouldn’t have thrown out promotion test results of all firefighters just because it feared the test would have a disparate impact on black firefighters. What's the practical impact? Read on ...
- Can we require a release of legal claims in exchange for severance pay?
- The 'iPod generation' soaks up employee training via podcasts
- Retaliation can happen even in flimsy harassment case
- Too small for FMLA? Think again; you may be an 'integrated employer'
- Frequent standing eases back pain for desk-bound