Tullytown-based Meenan Oil has settled an age discrimination suit filed by 72-year-old Louis Ceccoli, who was fired and then replaced by a substantially younger worker.
Ceccoli built his case on derogatory comments his sales manager made about older workers. His complaint detailed repeated questions about when Ceccoli was going to retire, disparaging remarks about older workers and statements of the manager’s desire to replace all old workers with young ones.
Under the agreement, Ceccoli will receive $80,000. Meenan managers will undergo age discrimination training, and the court will monitor all age discrimination complaints at the company for the next three years.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9721/meenan-oil-settles-age-discrimination-lawsuit "
- Independent investigations are key to making decisions stick and avoiding retaliation claims
- Train supervisors on new risk of workplace retaliation
- Step up to a new high-stakes HR role: Stamping out conspiracies to discriminate
- N.Y. court refuses to apply Ledbetter Act to pay disparities because of missed promotions
- Don't hesitate to punish female harassers, too