Duane Reade, the New York/New Jersey drug store chain, has agreed to settle an EEOC lawsuit alleging that it allowed the work environment at one of its New York stores to become hostile by subjecting several female employees to sex and .
The agency alleged that a store manager, Madlaw Diaw, frequently made vulgar remarks about women’s anatomy, sexually propositioned female employees, made lewd comments about them during pregnancies, assigned pregnant women the least desirable store tasks and sometimes grabbed employees’ buttocks while they worked.
The settlement includes a payment of $240,000. The EEOC will continue monitoring the company.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- What to say when it's 'not your job'
- FMLA in a Nutshell: How to Comply With the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Welcome to management!
- Don't delay, even for one day! Assault allegations demand response ASAP