Add FAQs to key policies
“As employers, we are frequently frustrated at our workers’ inability to understand policies that are plainly spelled out in employee manuals. The reality is, when new employees are unsure of a policy, they usually ask a co-worker. The answer given has no better than a 50/50 chance of matching your written policy.
“In our company, we are developing FAQs to go with each section of the policy manual. They are ‘plain language’ answers to such questions as, ‘Can I wear shorts on a Saturday service call?’”
— Randy Smith, Forum Systems Group, San Antonio
Match hours with GPS location
“I have six field technicians, each assigned a company van. They’re dispatched daily to outlying areas. It’s always been difficult to get them to work a full day, every day. We’ve taken many steps, but the most effective has been to add the GPS feature to their cell phones. For an additional $11 per month, per phone...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we fire? Doctor added 3 months to injured worker's restrictions
- Mercer County caseworker loses discrimination suit
- After discipline, how should we respond to employee's retaliation claim?
- New Hanover hospital sued for disability discrimination