The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has established new requirements for trainers to become authorized to teach safety training courses in construction and other industries.
OSHA’s outreach training program has produced a network of 16,000 independent trainers. But some trainers, OSHA says, are fraudulently failing to provide the appropriate training. (Trainers must complete a one-week OSHA course to become certified trainers.)
OSHA has begun posting on its web site (www.osha.gov) a list of trainers who’ve been disciplined. Read more about the Outreach Training Program at www.osha.gov/dcsp/ote.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What should we do? We may need to terminate one of our founding partners
- No unemployment if worker never returns from sick leave
- Avoid the 'D' word: Never mark 'disabled' on personnel files
- Catch all 22 evidence preservation steps in case of litigation