What exactly is a tickler file, and what’s the best way to use one?
We liked the answer one administrative assistant, Bonnie, gave on our online forum, Admin Pro Forum.
She writes, “I’ve found that most methods work if you actually use them every day. Personally I do have hanging files with dates on them from 1-31. I don’t use these files to dump filing or other folders into. It should be for reminder notes only.
"For example, place birthday cards into the day you want to mail them, or put seminar paperwork into the day it’s due.”
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- It takes two to have an argument—suspend both when beefs get out of hand
- Use rational business reasons to justify RIF choice
- Preserve employees' exempt status; give explicit 'discretion and judgment' power
- $100,000 cash prize helps improve attendance, recruiting