What exactly is a tickler file, and what’s the best way to use one?
We liked the answer one administrative assistant, Bonnie, gave on our online forum, Admin Pro Forum.
She writes, “I’ve found that most methods work if you actually use them every day. Personally I do have hanging files with dates on them from 1-31. I don’t use these files to dump filing or other folders into. It should be for reminder notes only.
"For example, place birthday cards into the day you want to mail them, or put seminar paperwork into the day it’s due.”
- Juries punish rushed investigations; keep an open mind
- Case studies in 'strategic praising': 6 steps to success
- Is it time to ban BlackBerrys from company meetings?
- Supreme Court starts new term; age-bias case tops slim HR agenda
- Under new FMLA rules, think twice before automatically firing workers who don't call in