by Stephen R. Woods, Esq.
In light of the H1N1 virus pandemic scare, now's the time to make sure your organization has an effective pandemic plan in place. As public health officials prepare for a vaccination campaign this fall, here are 13 steps your own organization can take to deal with H1N1.
1. Get informed. One of the most informative web sites about the H1N1 virus is www.pandemicflu.gov.
2. Create a pandemic contingency planning group. Include representatives from HR, information technology, executive and other critical parts of the business.
3. Assess your industry’s vulnerability. Animal handlers, health care practitioners, transportation workers and employees working overseas are all at greater risk than the general public.
4. Assess your operations. How well positioned are you to respond to evolving, unpredictable threats?
5. Identify essential operations and employees. Business conti...(register to read more)