The EEOC recently filed suit against AHD Houston, claiming that Mary Bassi, a waitress at Cover Girls strip club, was fired because of her age.
The federal agency brought suit against the strip club’s parent company, arguing that Bassi was fired and replaced by younger servers even though she was popular with customers and sold a lot of drinks. Bassi was 56 years old when she was fired and was allegedly making a six-figure income. She is currently working as a waitress at another Houston strip club.
According to EEOC attorney Connie Wilhite, “It doesn’t matter what industry you work in. You are still protected by anti-discrimination laws.” A lawyer for AHD Houston stated that the company has strict anti-discrimination policies and intends to defend itself aggressively.
- Resumes that scream 'I'm healthy' can sicken hiring process
- Court: 'Depression' no excuse for late filing
- Beware ADA claims if alleged victim isn't satisfied with harassment investigation
- Aggressive employee terrifies co-workers? Now that's failing to meet expectations!
- Court finds Del Monte didn't cook promotion decisions