Vacations appear to be another victim of Americans’ tight budgets and layoff fears. More than one-third of workers say they won’t use all their allotted vacation time this year, and just 39% plan to take one compete week off, says a new Expedia.com survey.
According to a separate survey by the Society for Human Resource(SHRM), seven in 10 workers say they regularly work through lunch and beyond scheduled hours (including weekends) to get work done, mainly due to self-imposed pressure to keep up.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Manning's big tip earns big penalty for Raleigh waiter
- Don't fear lawsuit after mere lateral transfer
- Challenge learners to dig for insight
- Use encouraging, fair—and honest—appraisals when coaching newly promoted employees