Vacations appear to be another victim of Americans’ tight budgets and layoff fears. More than one-third of workers say they won’t use all their allotted vacation time this year, and just 39% plan to take one compete week off, says a new Expedia.com survey.
According to a separate survey by the Society for Human Resource(SHRM), seven in 10 workers say they regularly work through lunch and beyond scheduled hours (including weekends) to get work done, mainly due to self-imposed pressure to keep up.
- OK to pay commissions on a flat-rate basis--it won't violate FLSA commission exemption
- Root out violent applicants by asking right questions
- Take advantage of the free perks a credit union offers
- Can't you even say the word 'pregnant' anymore?
- Discipline 'protected' employee—but document why you treated similar offenses differently