The EEOC last month spelled out a series of best practices that employers should follow to avoid discriminating against workers who care for ill family members.
The document, Employer Best Practices for Workers with Caregiving Responsibilities, provides recommendations for bias-free workplace policies related to, flexible work arrangements and part-time work.
Read the document and an analysis at www.theHRSpecialist.com/caregivers.
- Suspect FMLA leave shenanigans? Follow the law's certification requirements
- Don't guess on need for FMLA leave! Insist employees follow usual notification procedures
- The case of the disappearing employee, whose leaves leave us struggling
- Make sure employees understand your FMLA calendar
- ADA: 'Toxic' work site (plus toxic boss) doesn't necessarily create disability