The EEOC last month spelled out a series of best practices that employers should follow to avoid discriminating against workers who care for ill family members.
The document, Employer Best Practices for Workers with Caregiving Responsibilities, provides recommendations for bias-free workplace policies related to, flexible work arrangements and part-time work.
Read the document and an analysis at www.theHRSpecialist.com/caregivers.
- When it comes to firing offenses, be sure you can show you treated everyone equally
- Bulletin board check: Is FMLA poster up-to-date?
- Supreme Court outlook: Key employment issues at stake
- Same job, new management: Are employees covered by the FMLA?
- New FMLA regs in effect: Update your military leave policy