The EEOC last month spelled out a series of best practices that employers should follow to avoid discriminating against workers who care for ill family members.
The document, Employer Best Practices for Workers with Caregiving Responsibilities, provides recommendations for bias-free workplace policies related to, flexible work arrangements and part-time work.
Read the document and an analysis at www.theHRSpecialist.com/caregivers.
- Tell supervisors: You can't just make up your own performance appraisal standards
- Got a good reason to fire worker who has requested FMLA leave? Document and do it!
- Termination for excessive absenteeism
- Feel free to set generous FMLA notice terms, but rely on the law if you wind up in court
- Beware letting work happen on FMLA leave