The EEOC last month spelled out a series of best practices that employers should follow to avoid discriminating against workers who care for ill family members.
The document, Employer Best Practices for Workers with Caregiving Responsibilities, provides recommendations for bias-free workplace policies related to, flexible work arrangements and part-time work.
Read the document and an analysis at www.theHRSpecialist.com/caregivers.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be on guard for often-Overlooked 'Associated with' claims
- How to comply with N.J.'s sweeping Whistle-Blower protection law
- Beware disciplining employees for FMLA-related tardiness
- Employee calling in 'sick' doesn't automatically trigger your FMLA obligations