The EEOC last month spelled out a series of best practices that employers should follow to avoid discriminating against workers who care for ill family members.
The document, Employer Best Practices for Workers with Caregiving Responsibilities, provides recommendations for bias-free workplace policies related to, flexible work arrangements and part-time work.
Read the document and an analysis at www.theHRSpecialist.com/caregivers.
- Must we grant leave for employees to attend meetings at their kids' schools?
- 'Association' with disabled no automatic assurance of leave
- Does long-distance 'phone care' qualify for FMLA leave?
- Asking for test results is OK in cases of business necessity
- Is a doctor's note enough to prevent us from firing employee who broke call-in rule?