The EEOC last month spelled out a series of best practices that employers should follow to avoid discriminating against workers who care for ill family members.
The document, Employer Best Practices for Workers with Caregiving Responsibilities, provides recommendations for bias-free workplace policies related to, flexible work arrangements and part-time work.
Read the document and an analysis at www.theHRSpecialist.com/caregivers.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Ballot initiatives in several states and cities usher in employment law changes
- Unsure about your accommodations obligations? Find out fast--or risk personal liability
- No need to reinstate if disability leave extends past FMLA
- Don't promise FMLA leave if you're not required to comply