CEOs want their HR leaders to break outside the operational box and become more strategic players, surveys consistently show.
However, many HR professionals are so bogged down in their daily processes that they have trouble lifting their heads out of the weeds. And they’re so busy managing the careers of employees that they lack the time to methodically assess their own job performances.
Advice: Regularly ask yourself: What value am I adding to the organization? Constant self-evaluation and improvement are necessary to earn promotions and gain credibility with .
Ask yourself these questions to determine where you can enhance performance and become more strategic:
1. Do you have a career identity? That is, have you established a reputation among boss...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Put disciplinary wiggle room in your handbook
- Don't leave victim in doubt about response to harassment
- Centralize job references to minimize exposure
- Controlling absence: 5 keys to doing it legally