CEOs want their HR leaders to break outside the operational box and become more strategic players, surveys consistently show.
However, many HR professionals are so bogged down in their daily processes that they have trouble lifting their heads out of the weeds. And they’re so busy managing the careers of employees that they lack the time to methodically assess their own job performances.
Advice: Regularly ask yourself: What value am I adding to the organization? Constant self-evaluation and improvement are necessary to earn promotions and gain credibility with .
Ask yourself these questions to determine where you can enhance performance and become more strategic:
1. Do you have a career identity? That is, have you established a reputation among boss...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- From number cruncher to leader
- Feel free to expand candidate search even if your policy favors hiring from within
- Verifying education claims? Don't just call the school
- OK to tie incentives to continued employment