A new Watson Wyatt survey found that 52% of employers have made layoffs (up from 39% two months earlier), but the percentage of companies planning layoffs fell from 23% to 13%.
More than half (56%) still have hiring freezes in effect.
“They are now focusing on smaller, more sustainable cost-cutting actions,” the report says.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- California Supreme Court limits liability for independent contractor's injuries
- Don't hire those who don't know this
- Firing harasser is necessary, even if long-ago age comment could spark lawsuit
- Former Cook County prosecutor files discrimination suit