1. The EEOC released a swine flu alert last month warning employers against:
a. Discriminating against Mexicans or people who have been to Mexico.
b. Asking disability-related questions and requiring medical exams at first stage of hiring
2. Eight years ago, 38% of executives said they checked in with work (either electronically or via phone) at least once a day while on vacation. What’s the percentage in 2009?
a. 61% b. 71% c. 91%
3. About 1 in 5 Americans today has a disability, and the number is expected to increase as baby boomers age. What are the top three causes of disability (in order):
a. Arthritis, back problems, heart trouble
b. Heart trouble, back problems, cancer
c. Back problems, cancer, arthritis
4. Only 10% of U.S. workers say that in 2009 they plan to:
a. Ask for a raise
b. Take a full two-week vacation
c. Take a loan from their 401(k)
5. Fifteen years ago, retaliation claims accounted for 17% of all job discrimination claims filed with the EEOC. What’s the percentage today?
a. 14% b. 25% c. 34%
6. Percentage of hiring managers who say a job candidate has used profanity during an interview:
a. 21% b. 43% c. 76%
Sources: 1. EEOC; 2. Creative Group survey; 3. Centers for Disease Control; 4. Expedia.com survey; 5. EEOC; 6. Vault.com survey.
Answers: 1. c 2. a 3. a 4. b 5. c 6. b
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9522/the-hr-iq-test-june-09 "