Employees do the darnedest things, and it’s often up to HR to clean up the resulting mess. Better to have prevented it in the first place. Two recent news stories point out problems that could have been stopped with simple policies on use of technology in the workplace. With the right handbook lingo, much corporate embarrassment could have been avoided.
- How to conduct third-Party investigation without tipping off alleged harasser
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- Be sure to coordinate with FMLA administrator before firing
- Make sure bosses tell employees how to report harassment
- The 6 biggest retention mistakes ... and how to fix them