A podcast can turn a morning commute into a chance to work on your professional goals. And it’s completely free.
Some of the best for administrative professionals:
• Your Money Matters: http://online.wsj.com/public/page/podcast.html
Advice on budgeting, credit card debt, college tuition and retirement.
• Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com
Perhaps the best grammar podcast, it answers questions such as “When can you end a sentence with a preposition?”
• Manager Tools: http://www.manager-tools.com
Not just for managers, this podcast offers reliable workplace advice, such as how to conduct an internal interview or give effective feedback.
• Career Podcast Series by Robert Half International: http://www.workvine.com/podcast.html
Employment news and trends.
• Get it Done Guy’s Quick and Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More: http://getitdone.quickanddirtytips.com
Topics include how to keep your focus at the computer, how to keep track of links and references and how to get through a backlog of reading.