When Arlington, Va.-based IT firm Stanley Associates landed a spot on Fortune’s list of the 100 Top Employers to Work For, it thanked its 5,000 employees—every day for a week.
On the first day of the weeklong celebration, employees at each of the organization’s 200 locations got a free breakfast and travel mug.
On Wednesday, the company served pizza to all employees—even teleworkers and those working in Iraq or Afghanistan.
On Friday, workers spent an hour playing “brown-bag bingo”—via conference call. Nearly 1,000 employees from 200 locations called in to vie for the $500-per-game prize money.
The first Appreciation Week was in May 2008, and HR Director Steve Woolwine says the organization will repeat it every time it receives the Fortune honor.
Contact: Joelle Pozza, communications director, at (703) 310-3218.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Economy has workers saying 'no' to vacation, 'yes' to OT
- Slackers need not apply to New Jersey training company
- Don't shoot messenger when you uncover possible bias
- Employee may be gone, but e-mails requesting ADA accommodations must live on