1. Translator: Need to translate a policy for Spanish-speaking employees? Plug in your text and choose the language.
2. Google Sets: You type in two or more things in a series, and Google completes the list. It comes in handy when you can’t quite recall the name of something (like Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers …).
Find more tech tips to maximize the software you use every day in 77 Technology Tips to Boost Office Productivity3. Google Reader: Rather than checking a news site every few minutes, use Reader to keep track of only what’s new. First, select the web sites or topics you want to follow, hit the Subscribe button, and Reader whips up a list of recent stories for you on a single page. No more clicking through each site.
4. Google Alerts: Going one step further than Reader, Google Alerts keep you current on what’s happening in your industry. Plug in search phrases, such as “FMLA intermittent leave” or “health care trends.” You receive an e-mail alert when news articles using those terms are posted online.
In today's fast-paced, downsized economy, we're all asked to do more with less. Office technology can help. But who's got the time (let alone the money) to learn a bunch of new programs?
Fortunately, there's an answer: Advance your skills on the programs you already use every day. 77 Technology Tips to Boost Office Productivity
Is Google's Chrome browser right for you?
Maybe it's time to download Google's new Chrome web browser. Here's why:
It’s fast. If you’re a “power user” (someone who spends lots of time on the web, with many windows or tabs open at once), you’ll appreciate Chrome’s speed. Other browsers slow to a crawl when you load several complex sites, but not Chrome.
It’s secure. Hackers have compromised Firefox, Safari and Explorer, but not Chrome.
It makes search even easier. If you type an address into the input bar—the bar at the top of the browser—you get a list of pages you’ve visited in the past and top search results from Google.
Armed with 77 Technology Tips, you'll learn:
- 9 amazing double-click tricks
- Squeezing maximum value from Outlook's Calendar
- Keeping network-clogging spyware off your computer
- Faster, more precise Google searches
- 4 things you never dreamed that Excel could do — but it can
- Cell phone services that are fancy, fun and FREE
- and much more!
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Tip Card: Business Management Daily's Favorite Keyboard Shortcuts
- Top business blogs for women
- Ask the experts: How to be a true HR leader
- Instead of firing after FMLA and disability leave, consider reasonable accommodations
- PHRA and Title VII: No delays allowed when investigating sexual harassment