Under Oscar Mayer's collective bargaining agreement (CBA), paid sick leave doesn't start until at least the fourth day of absence. But Wisconsin's labor department says that under the state's, the company has to allow workers to substitute paid leave starting with day one, and a court upheld that regulation. (Kraft Foods Inc. v Wis. Dept. of Workforce Development, No. 00-1918, Wis. CA, 2001)
- Fitness-for-Duty Exams: When Can They Be Used?
- Texas health care firms sued for health-related firings
- Warn bosses: Beware discouraging leave requests
- Does the Pregnancy Discrimination Act grant additional maternity leave?
- Terminating without giving a specific reason? Document rationale for the record, regardless