Q. We employ the unwed parents of a newborn child. They have requested
A. Generally speaking, two employee parents of a child may be limited to a total of 12 weeks of FMLA leave by their same employer. However, this limitation is based on the parents being married to each other.
The 12-week combined limitation on leave to care for a healthy newborn child after birth does not apply to unmarried parents who are both employed by the same company. Each parent is eligible for a separate FMLA leave.
- Take it seriously when doctor limits employee's duties
- Your attorney's expertise is key to crafting severance agreements that stick
- Working during FMLA leave: Should we stop it?
- It's not just doctor's FMLA call anymore: Court allows worker's say on health condition
- You don't have to police workplace banter, but don't let it escalate