Q. We employ the unwed parents of a newborn child. They have requested
A. Generally speaking, two employee parents of a child may be limited to a total of 12 weeks of FMLA leave by their same employer. However, this limitation is based on the parents being married to each other.
The 12-week combined limitation on leave to care for a healthy newborn child after birth does not apply to unmarried parents who are both employed by the same company. Each parent is eligible for a separate FMLA leave.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9287/how-much-fmla-leave-for-unwed-parents "
- You can terminate after FMLA leave--if you made the decision before leave was requested
- Rest easier tonight! You can't be held personally liable for Title VII violations
- You can correct FMLA mistakes
- Don't rely on software alone to determine employee's FMLA eligibility
- Must the signature of an actual doctor appear on FMLA leave certification?