1. The new ‘red flag’ rules that take effect May 1 require certain businesses to:
a. Alert employees monthly to any potential new safety violations on company premises.
b. Establish an identity-theft prevention program to protect consumers.
c. Plant a red flag outside their offices if they laid off more than 30% of staff in the past year.
2. Percentage of HR professionals who say they’d reject a candidate for failing to send a post-interview thank-you note:
a. 1% b. 5% c. 12%
3. Which type of discrimination claim has increased the most in the past two years?
a. Disability (ADA)
b. Race discrimination
c. Age discrimination
4. Percentage of employers that have reduced their 401(k) matching funds during the recession:
a. 12% b. 26% c. 39%
5. Which HR program is most likely to be on the budget chopping block this year?
b. HR technology
c. Tuition reimbursement
6. A new survey says 20% of men and 13% of women admit they’ve done what on work computers?
a. Downloaded songs
b. Watched a sports game
c. Downloaded porn
Sources: 1. FTC; 2. Vault.com survey; 3. EEOC; 4. Watson Wyatt survey; 5. SHRM survey; 6. Book: Porn at Work
Answers: 1. b 2.b 3.c 4.a 5.a 6. c
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9275/the-hr-iq-test-may-09 "