The new economic stimulus law subsidizes the cost of continuing COBRA medical coverage for some employees who have lost, or will lose, their jobs. But the burden of paying the rest of the premiums has shifted to employers. Strategy: Recoup the cost ASAP.
- Grab huge tax break on used SUVs, too
- Do we need an attorney to represent us during unemployment comp hearings?
- Business climate: How 'stressed' is your state?
- Use multimedia campaigns to nurture employee self-service
- How to ward off some class-action pay-bias suits: Grant managers limited discretion to set pay