Q. I own a construction company. We require all employees to wear a company shirt. If an employee does not wear a company shirt, he or she is assessed a $25 per day penalty, which is deducted from the next paycheck. Is this penalty legal?
- Counter discrimination charges by seeking information from all witnesses
- Monitor boss for retaliation after complaint
- Setting layoff criteria? You can ignore past performance
- ABA/DOL partnership: 'New sheriff' gets a deputy, which could trigger more FMLA, FLSA lawsuits
- FMLA in a Nutshell: How to Comply With the Family and Medical Leave Act