Q. We have terminated an employee who has moved out of state and requested we mail his last check to him. Do we have to mail it? If so, when?
A. In New York, a terminated employee must be paid his or her final wages by the next normal pay date for the pay period in which the employee is terminated. It must be mailed to the employee if so requested.
- Are you ready to punish a slacking employee? First, have a talk
- Court refuses to help pro se litigant after EEOC, attorneys reject her case
- Alcoholism: a disability; drunkenness: a firing offense
- South Bend postal boss's comments not harassment
- Emanuel pick for school head will have to explain age remarks