Q. We have terminated an employee who has moved out of state and requested we mail his last check to him. Do we have to mail it? If so, when?
A. In New York, a terminated employee must be paid his or her final wages by the next normal pay date for the pay period in which the employee is terminated. It must be mailed to the employee if so requested.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9145/must-we-mail-former-employees-last-paycheck "
- Informal comment to HR? Beware retaliation suit
- Make sure your promotion process gives all qualified candidates enough time to apply
- The hitchhiker's guide to hiring, harassment and firing
- FMLA isn't 'discipline shield': Fire for unrelated actions
- Employees can't claim retaliation if they're not FMLA-eligible