Q. We have terminated an employee who has moved out of state and requested we mail his last check to him. Do we have to mail it? If so, when?
A. In New York, a terminated employee must be paid his or her final wages by the next normal pay date for the pay period in which the employee is terminated. It must be mailed to the employee if so requested.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Responding to employee rants: 4 do's and don'ts
- How can employers get waivers of claims from terminated employees?
- EEOC drives a stake into heart of age-Based retirement policies
- Checking up on alleged leave abuser? Document why you suspect particular employee