Q. An applicant, citing reasons of privacy, has refused to sign the written authorization to permit a
A. Assuming your procedures comply with federal and state laws, you can refuse to employ the person.
- What are the New York state laws affecting background investigations of applicants?
- When making reference-check calls, take and retain good notes
- Verifying education claims? Don't just call the school
- Hire education: A step-by-step guide to legally safe hiring practices
- Texas city provides lesson on background checks