Q. An applicant, citing reasons of privacy, has refused to sign the written authorization to permit a
A. Assuming your procedures comply with federal and state laws, you can refuse to employ the person.
- That's not a contract! Feel free to make hiring contingent on passing background check
- Protect your company from well-intentioned ID theft laws
- Can we ask applicants about their driving records?
- Applicant Filed for Bankruptcy: Can You Refuse to Hire Him?
- How far must you go in Florida to protect employees' data?