The EEOC and the Civil Rights Division of the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General are partnering to launch a campaign to educate New Jersey youth and employers about workplace discrimination.
Youth@Work posters will appear on buses in Union, Essex, Bergen, Hudson, Passaic and Middlesex counties. The posters will explain young workers’ rights and employer responsibilities on the job.
The EEOC views youth as particularly vulnerable to sexual harassment and other forms of workplace discrimination. The campaign aims to protect young workers from harassment and discrimination.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware! Courts giving more leeway to employees who act as their own attorneys
- Could we have refused to hire waitress who now refuses to sing 'Happy Birthday'?
- Hiring teens this summer? Heed federal laws
- Discipline sexist supervisors--and keep them far away from any disciplinary decisions