Murphy Ford of Chester will pay $244,000 to settle sexual harassment complaints from three female employees. According to a complaint filed with the EEOC, the women complained to
When the dealership took no action, the women filed suit. Murphy responded by firing Cynthia Bell, one of the women who complained. Before anything else could go wrong, the dealership decided to settle the case. Bell will receive $206,500, with the remaining $37,500 going to the other women.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Gender gap closing a bit, but equal-pay claims still rise
- How should we respond when one of our customers acts strangely?
- Cut lawsuit risk by filling vacant position with similar person
- Teach front-line managers how to be leaders