Murphy Ford of Chester will pay $244,000 to settle sexual harassment complaints from three female employees. According to a complaint filed with the EEOC, the women complained to
When the dealership took no action, the women filed suit. Murphy responded by firing Cynthia Bell, one of the women who complained. Before anything else could go wrong, the dealership decided to settle the case. Bell will receive $206,500, with the remaining $37,500 going to the other women.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/9101/murphy-ford-created-self-fulfilling-murphys-law "
- What's the cost of a few racist managers? $2 million
- Whistle-Blower being cut? Run termination by counsel before sending letter
- Employee refuses to follow instructions? Courts won't second-guess disciplinary decisions
- EEOC suit says school system made teacher choose: faith or job
- The 25 most profitable year-end tax strategies