1. The top three reasons employees give for being late, in order, are:
a. Getting kids off to school/day care, traffic, late bus/train
b. Late bus/train, traffic, pet problems
c. Traffic, lack of sleep, getting kids off to school/day care
2. When asked to rank the factors most important to their work experience these days, what do employees rank first?
a. Maximizing earnings
b. Securing a position they can count on for long term
c. Having adequate benefits
3. When surveyed in February, more than half of large employers said they had a hiring freeze in effect.
a. True b. False
4. What law, which takes effect in November, represents the first legislative expansion of the EEOC’s jurisdiction since the ADA passed in 1990?
a. Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA)
b. Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
c. Open Books And Meetings Act (OBAMA)
5. Under the new stimulus law, eligible individuals have to pay only how much of their COBRA premium?
a. 35% b. 45% c. 65%
6. Among employers that offer wellness benefits, how many offer a weight-loss program?
a. Very few (12%)
b. About half (49%)
c. The majority (67%)
Answers: 1. C 2. B 3. A 4. B 5. A 6. B
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- EEOC wins $53,000 over service dog snub
- Now is the time to develop a comprehensive whistle-Blower policy
- California Supreme Court limits liability for independent contractor's injuries
- Personal dislike not enough to win discrimination lawsuit