Watch out! Some tests you use to see whether employees or applicants are suitable for a job could screen out individuals with disabilities. You could wind up in court defending against an ADA claim.
- Track the HR metrics that really matter
- Court rules firing based on lactation is sex discrimination under Title VII, PDA
- Warn bosses: No criticism for filing bias complaint
- Overly sensitive employee or bully boss? Trust your HR instincts to decide who's right
- Don't require returning workers to be '100 percent healed'