To draw the most from your employees, focus on achievement as a group.
When Benjamin Franklin began to put together a public library in Philadelphia, he needed the help of many friends. Instead of claiming the idea, he presented it as a collaborative effort, expediting the process.
— Adapted from “Benjamin Franklin and The Art of Humility,” Walter Isaacson, Newsweek.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- You can prohibit uncivil language as well as obviously offensive speech
- OK to consider ambition when selecting who goes, who stays
- Take sexual harassment complaints seriouslyâ€”even if they involve past lovers
- Check your policy! No privilege when e-mailing lawyer from work