Q. One of our employees who is receiving workers’
A. The Florida courts have held that Florida’s Workers’ Compensation Act is clear: Claimants are entitled to only one change of physician while being treated for any one accident. The statute does not entitle a claimant to a one-time change per specialty.
Here, the employee has already availed himself of his right to a change in physician when he obtained a change in his primary care doctor, so his request for a change of orthopedic physician can be disapproved.
- Do your health assessment questions violate new GINA law?
- Prepare for a whole list of changes in new Form 1040
- EBSA moves to rescue 'orphan' retirement benefits
- Congress begins debate on paid-leave bill; Obama OKs same-sex benefits for federal workers
- Programmers pitch ideas in 'Shark Tank'-type competition