Q. One of our employees who is receiving workers’
A. The Florida courts have held that Florida’s Workers’ Compensation Act is clear: Claimants are entitled to only one change of physician while being treated for any one accident. The statute does not entitle a claimant to a one-time change per specialty.
Here, the employee has already availed himself of his right to a change in physician when he obtained a change in his primary care doctor, so his request for a change of orthopedic physician can be disapproved.
- Pass your own health care reform with these 4 best practices
- What will you do if the economy doesn't rebound this year?
- It's time for a benefit-plan refresher course
- Senate votes "No!" but Obama NLRB appointee could still force you to unionize
- Same-sex marriage: What the trend means for employers and HR