Q. One of our employees who is receiving workers’
A. The Florida courts have held that Florida’s Workers’ Compensation Act is clear: Claimants are entitled to only one change of physician while being treated for any one accident. The statute does not entitle a claimant to a one-time change per specialty.
Here, the employee has already availed himself of his right to a change in physician when he obtained a change in his primary care doctor, so his request for a change of orthopedic physician can be disapproved.
- 6 ways that smaller businesses can make wellness worth it
- Continuation medical coverage and small North Carolina employers
- Benchmark your benefits; costs take biggest jump since '90
- What kind of information are we required to give participants in our health insurance plan?
- 10 keys to negotiating your HR budget