Under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act, a dozen categories of businesses must make their public places accessible to customers and clients. These places must make reasonable accommodations in "policies, practices or procedures." The 12 categories include:
1. Hotels and other lodgings.
2. Restaurants, bars and other establishments serving food or drink.
3. Theaters and other entertainment places.
4. Auditoriums and other public gathering places.
5. Sales or rental establishments.
6. Service establishments, from laundromats to lawyers' offices.
7. Public transportation stations.
8. Museums and other places of public display.
9. Parks, zoos, amusement parks and other recreation sites.
11. Day care, senior citizen and other social service centers.
12. Gyms and other exercise or recreation sites.