The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Mount Airy carport dealer, claiming the employer allowed employees to mock a co-worker because of her religion and that supervisors didn’t respond when she complained.
The victim, Brenda Thompson, told the EEOC that her co-workers called her religion a “cult” and said she was a “devil worshipper.” Thompson belongs to an evangelical nondenominational church.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Philly firm bans Muslim scarf, earns religious bias lawsuit
- Act fast to stop harassment ... and still get sued
- Beware firing worker who moonlights while out on medical disability leave
- Firefighters claim Chicago suburb wanted black department