The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Mount Airy carport dealer, claiming the employer allowed employees to mock a co-worker because of her religion and that supervisors didn’t respond when she complained.
The victim, Brenda Thompson, told the EEOC that her co-workers called her religion a “cult” and said she was a “devil worshipper.” Thompson belongs to an evangelical nondenominational church.
- Don't let religion be an excuse for missing work when it's not the real reason
- Assigning black employees to black clients: Is that racial bias?
- Make sure your accommodations are on par with Casey Martin ruling
- Don't sweat the small stuff: It's no basis for lawsuits
- Are you ready to explain each and every promotion decision?