The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Mount Airy carport dealer, claiming the employer allowed employees to mock a co-worker because of her religion and that supervisors didn’t respond when she complained.
The victim, Brenda Thompson, told the EEOC that her co-workers called her religion a “cult” and said she was a “devil worshipper.” Thompson belongs to an evangelical nondenominational church.
- 'Hello, Liability?' The new trend of telephone testing
- Heard sexual harassment complaint is coming? Immediately launch your investigation
- Don't assume temps are independent contractors
- With no explanation for firing, man files reverse-bias lawsuit
- Employee making threats? Know how to legally handle explosive situation