The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Mount Airy carport dealer, claiming the employer allowed employees to mock a co-worker because of her religion and that supervisors didn’t respond when she complained.
The victim, Brenda Thompson, told the EEOC that her co-workers called her religion a “cult” and said she was a “devil worshipper.” Thompson belongs to an evangelical nondenominational church.
- How to conduct third-Party investigation without tipping off alleged harasser
- Honestly believe worker broke rule? Firing OK
- NFL draft pick of Michael Sam could move anti-gay bias bill in Missouri
- EEOC: Houston Fire Department hostile to female firefighter
- Even small changes in job status can be retaliation