The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Mount Airy carport dealer, claiming the employer allowed employees to mock a co-worker because of her religion and that supervisors didn’t respond when she complained.
The victim, Brenda Thompson, told the EEOC that her co-workers called her religion a “cult” and said she was a “devil worshipper.” Thompson belongs to an evangelical nondenominational church.
- Settlement leaves weight loss firm $20 million lighter
- Same offense, different discipline: Show why harsher punishment was warranted
- Pay cut? Beware constructive discharge claim
- Use reasonable rules to beat discipline suits
- Best way to stop failure-to-promote lawsuits: Include qualifications in job announcements