The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Mount Airy carport dealer, claiming the employer allowed employees to mock a co-worker because of her religion and that supervisors didn’t respond when she complained.
The victim, Brenda Thompson, told the EEOC that her co-workers called her religion a “cult” and said she was a “devil worshipper.” Thompson belongs to an evangelical nondenominational church.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Keep thorough records of skills-testing processes and results to counter claims of bias
- The disappearing executive and his disappearing back trouble
- Austin rates as one of best cities for LGBT rights
- No application on file, no failure-to-hire claim