The EEOC has filed a lawsuit against a Mount Airy carport dealer, claiming the employer allowed employees to mock a co-worker because of her religion and that supervisors didn’t respond when she complained.
The victim, Brenda Thompson, told the EEOC that her co-workers called her religion a “cult” and said she was a “devil worshipper.” Thompson belongs to an evangelical nondenominational church.
- Bias lawsuit? Instead of settling or litigating, move to dismiss
- Goldsboro builder settles bias case with Adventists
- Worker settled case? Beware providing bad references that could lead to retaliation claims
- Independent investigations are key to making decisions stick and avoiding retaliation claims
- Beware the ever-expanding EEOC harassment lawsuit