Two companies headquartered in North Carolina have made Fortune magazine’s 2009 “100 Best Companies to Work For” list. The two, both headquartered in Cary, are engineering firm Kimley-Horn & Associates and software giant SAS.
Four other companies with a large presence in North Carolina also made the list. They include pharmaceutical company Novo Nordisk, the Atlanta-based law firm Alston & Bird and IT giant Cisco Systems. The nation’s top-ranked employer has a North Carolina presence too: the data-hardware maker NetApp.
Clustered around the Research Triangle, these companies reflect the state’s growth in knowledge-based businesses.
Why it matters: North Carolina employers can show that high-tech firms and the well-educated workforce they need love working in North Carolina.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How do you define specific and measurable performance goals for administrative support personnel?
- The right words will get you that raise
- Working the numbers: Excel dates & times
- Employee is pregnant? You can still discipline or fire if she violates your policies